Tuesday 18 March 2014

February Craft Challenge

Well I did choose a craft for February.... button craft.  I didn't get very far with it!  Due to circumstances I decided not to choose anything new for March but to try and progress with the buttons.

I LOVE buttons.  Old, new, plastic, wood, glass, ceramic, you name it I love them.  There is such variation and the colours..........swoon!

So what were my plans at the start of February for all my buttons?  Well I wanted to have a go at button pictures and also button jewellery.  I have seen the most gorgeous creations on the internet and in fact I have several Pinterest boards dedicated to them.  Check them out here by clicking the links.:

Buttons  Look at these pretty ones.  Plain white, but oh so beautiful.


Button Art Wonder how many buttons it took to complete this?


 Button Craft  Such a pretty bracelet.


Unfortunately despite so much inspiration and so many ideas in my head I have only actually made one thing so far.

I made a button heart picture as a valentines day gift for Simon.  It is done in shades of blue as I wanted it to go in our living room.

 

It was much more time consuming that I had thought it would be. Not to mention messy!  I used a glue gun and you know that stuff gets everywhere.  Why can't they make a glue gun that doesn't make those long stringy bits?

Anyway, I was quite pleased with the overall effect.  It's not bad for a first attempt.

As that was the only thing I managed to make I decided to continue with button craft for March as well. So far I have not done anything else.  I have 2 more weeks so you never know.  I'll keep you updated.




1 comment:

  1. That heart turned out really nice, Jilly! I like the bracelet, and would totally give that a try. I'll have to check out your Pinterest sites!!

    ReplyDelete