Tuesday 21 January 2014

Spinning Streak.

As you all know I recently tested a knitting pattern for fingerless mittens for Sue of  Spinning Streak.  Sue is a fellow team member on the Etsy Craft Britannia team.   This is a little bit about her from her shop page.

"I belong to the Guild of Weavers Spinners and Dyers and have been spinning away for over 15 years. I live partly in England in a city by the sea and partly in rural France, so plenty of inspiration for colours! I love the surprise element of dyeing - I tend to use professional quality acid dyes in England and a wide range of natural plant material in France."

 Not only does she spin and dye her own wool but she makes lots of gorgeous woolly things.  You can check out Spinning Streak by clicking on the link.

To give you a little taster of the gorgeousness, here are a few of my favourite items from the shop.

The wool.





Beautiful hand knitted garments for everyone. 







Please do go and check it all out for yourself and remember that very soon there will be kits so that you can make your own mittens from the pattern that I tested.  If I can make them anyone can!


3 comments:

  1. There you go again, learning something new and different, setting an example for others that time should not slip away unnoticed, but should be worn for warmth and beauty! Ah, Jilly - you are an inspiration!! I can't imagine living part of the time in England and part of the time in France. What a lady you've introduced to us. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!! Too bad we don't need things like that in Florida, but all are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Spinning, you have knitting QA testers. I am impressed, that must be a great job to have Jilly. :)

    ReplyDelete