Thursday 2 January 2014

Getting ahead

Well Christmas is over for another year.  Only 358 days to go until next time!  One of the things I have learnt since having my little shop on Etsy is that you must always be thinking ahead to the next occasion or season.   
So, February 14th – Valentine’s Day.  I shan’t be making anything special for this but fortunately I do have a lot of heart shaped, felt brooches so I have been busy today retagging them all and changing the titles to read Valentines Brooch.

I thought you might like to see a few.

 
 
 
 
 
I also have a few key rings.
 
Plus some heart shaped hanging decorations.
 

Do you celebrate Valentine’s Day or do you feel it is an overly hyped up occasion designed to make money for the big corporations?  I usually make OH a card.  He will buy me a card and I usually get flowers too. We don’t usually go out but he will cook a special meal at home. 

You can find my Valentines brooches and other bits and pieces in the shop here: FABRILUSHUS.


2 comments:

  1. Very cute, Jilly! I know from your previous posts that your brooches sell well! Joe and I exchange cards for Valentine's Day, but we don't make a big deal out of it. No flowers or special dinners out. I remember how fun it was to make Valentine 'mailboxes' out of shoe boxes, and to exchange those silly Valentines when we were very young (elementary school)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I said I coped with christmas better this year but we don't need a countdown just yet! Nice to chat. Good luck with the shop this year. I usually get flowers on Valentine's day too.

    ReplyDelete