Monday 23 December 2013

All I want for Christmas

Is my two front teeth, my two front teeth. Remember that song? I don't remember the days when I was missing those teeth but my little granddaughter has recently lost her first baby tooth so I expect it won't be too long before she is sporting that cute, gappy look.

Those days seem so long ago now. What I do recall is that our expectations back then were much more simple than seems to be the case today.  So I have two questions for you in the lead up to Christmas.

What would have been top of your gift list when you were about 7 and what is topping your gift list this year?

When I was 7 I was desperate for a tiny tears doll.  I was a lucky girl as I did get one.  I still have her today and my little granddaughters play with her.  I think I will try and photograph her and do a blog over on my personal blog, "Don't Worry Be Happy".

So what do I covert this year? Well if money was no object then I would be asking Santa for this.


It is a Janome Memory Craft 15000 and I think it may just do the washing up too.  Isn't she gorgeous?  She is a sewing and embroidery machine also perfect for large quilting projects due to her size. She works with an iPad so you can even do your own designs.  I am in love.

Sadly I know my Santa does not have the kind of money that this machine will cost. I will have to content myself with dreaming.  I haven't even dared to look at the price of her but I am guessing at around the £4000 mark.

I do have a good Santa though and I think he may just be bringing me a new camera. A much more powerful camera so that I can improve my skills...hopefully. It is something that I want to do next year, learn more about photography.  I'll let you know next week if I am a lucky girl.

I hope you all get what you are wishing for. Don't forget to try and do something for those who won't be as lucky as us.  Oh and don't forget to answer my questions.

NB. I have managed to find out the price of the machine and I underestimated!  It costs £6495,!!!!  That is roughly $10,609. Where on earth do they get a price like that ? Don't think I could justify that kind of money even if I was super rich and actually had lots of money.  Crazy!



No comments:

Post a Comment