Monday 28 October 2013

Poor neglected blog


Oh dear my Fabrilushus blog has been very neglected. I had such good intentions when I began and I started out well.  I was doing posts on various suppliers that I love, Craft Britannia "shop of the week" and some features on other Etsy sellers.

Actually it is that last one that caused me to stop.  I asked on Twitter one day if anybody fancied being featured on my blog.  I was approached by a lady who sells some handmade stuff and some vintage stuff. I wrote a very nice article for her with a good number of photos show casing her shop.

In my article I spoke about how I personally find it a little odd that Etsy sells both handmade items and vintage items. To me the two things seem to be an awkward marriage.  I fail to see how vintage bits and bobs has anything to do with handmade items.

I sent my blog post to this lady to read and proof check. I had put a lot of time and effort into it. Sadly she didn't like what I had said regarding my thoughts on selling vintage alongside handmade and she got very stroppy.  Quite unpleasant in fact.

Now, I could have gone ahead and posted that blog anyway minus her photos of course.  I chose not to as I thought she could become nasty. However having put so much effort in to try and promote her I felt thoroughly deflated and frankly I couldn't be bothered.

Now, I wish I had of posted it anyway.  I shouldn't let one stroppy madam put me off. I didn't say anything negative and praised her highly. I just aired my opinion. Actually, I still stick by that opinion.

Anyway, time has passed and I want to resume activities here at Fabrilushus and I am annoyed with myself that I let one silly woman put me off of posting on my own blog.

SO.........Fabrilushus the blog is now back in action.  I will be posting all kinds of things that I hope will appeal to you. I will resume with "shop of the week", recommended suppliers, tutorials, videos and much more.  Even the occasional interview.

If you would like me to show case you then please let me know.

Here is to happy days ahead and many pink cupcakes.

Jilly

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back!! I look forward to seeing your awesome creations again!

    ReplyDelete