Thursday 6 June 2013

Memory cushions.

Thought I would let you see what I made yesterday.  It's a memory cushion!


So what is a memory cushion?  I know you are all dying to know!  Well it is a patchwork cushion made from fabric, upcyled from old clothing.   OK, so the memory part?  Well the chosen clothing must hold special memories.

So as an example;  I could make you a memory cushion from your little ones special outfits that have been outgrown. Or do you have dresses, skirts and blouses that you are no longer wear because they no longer fit or are out of fashion?  You don't want to get rid of that dress because you wore it on your first date?  That skirt and blouse you wore to the interview that got you your dream job?  Send them all to me and have them upcycled into a memory cushion.

It clears out your wardrobe and gives you a functional item which every time you see will bring back those special memories.

This one is actually made from school shirts of my husband and they don't actually hold any memories. However they were all that I had to hand and I think they still make an attractive cushion. The design is called a disappearing 4 patch and is a favourite of mine.



If you are interested in having your very own memory cushion made then you can purchase one from Fabrilushus.

If you would like to have a go at making your own then you can see how to make a disappearing 4 patch here.  It is a Missouri Star Quilt Company tutorial video and I can't recommend them highly enough.

Hope you enjoyed reading about my memory cushions.



1 comment:

  1. Very creative. They make quilts like this. I've promised tshirt quilts to my kids.

    ReplyDelete